Sunday, September 10, 2006

Rumahku - My house

Ah ... this is the life. Maybe Bogor's not so bad after all. I was trying to study (those are indonesian dictionaries on the floor), but on a warm Sunday afternoon there's just no hope.

That's my living room/dining room. Nice and yellow. To the left is the guest's room if you ever fancy staying over. There's also a kitchen, a larder (yep), 2 toilets (one with flush - although flushing the toilet involves getting your feet wet), a bucket room, my bedroom, and of course my dressing room!

Lars in the hammock. This bit used to be a garage, but someone had the clever idea of turning it into a patio area with loads of plants climbing up the walls.


My very own coconut tree. I get small children to climb up and bring me fresh coconuts. Next to it lives the banana tree - no fruit yet this year. Right at the back of the garden is a papaya sapling - definately too small for fruit. Give it a few more years. And in the front left you can admire my sacred compost heap.


Hot news - Latest update: I've found a guava tree (with fruit) and a rambutan tree in the garden!!!! And I planted another papaya tree. Keep checking for all the latest gardening exploits.

December's news: i have real bananas growing in my garden (unfortunately hanging over the wall into the street so they may not hang too long).

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Wow! You've finally got a blog going! Nice house. One day I may show pictures of my dump ;-)

I hope you're going to update regularly now.

9:59 am  
Blogger Jo (london) said...

Wow linda! Your place looks fab - looks like all that goes on is sleeping and sitting! hehe :-) wish I was there too!
jo x

4:30 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your place looks amazing! Also, loving the blog in general.

-Sarah (from Wisma Bahasa...but now Australia...)

6:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home